This tour will explore two magnificent and historic palaces by the Thames river inside and out.
At Hampton Court Palace we will enter the ancient oak Great Gatehouse and experience life inside the courtyard. We will see the pre-Copernican astronomical clock, the Great Hall, Henry the VllI's kitchens and tennis court as well as art which is a part of the Royal Collection.
Outside of the palace we will see the splendid Baroque remodelling done by Sir Christopher Wren, as well as the amazing gardens with the old vine, maze, and heraldic beasts.
From here we will follow the Thames for a short drive to Windsor where will have plenty of time to explore Windsor castle. Inside the Castle we will discuss some of the history of the fortress built by the first Norman King, see how successive monarchs have put their own mark on it changing the fortress to an ostenstatious Royal Residence, see the varied architecture and explore artworks that are part of the Royal Collection.
We will also go inside St George's chapel.
7 People Max.
20 £ - Pub lunch or snacks
- Meet and greet at your address in London
- Take the scenic route through Richmond Park and Bushy Park towards Hampton Court Palace
- Explore the inside and outside of Hampton Court palace for about 2 hours
- Drive to Windsor, less than an hour away, where we will also have at least 2 hours to explore this picturesque village
- Have pub lunch if you fancy it
- Explore inside and outside of Windsor Castle including St George's Chapel and the lavish Georgian State Apartments
- Afterwards we will return to London which is about an hour away from Windsor Castle.
Meeting Point Options:
Your hotel or address in London, all London airports and ports.
Other meeting points outside of London can be arranged prior to booking.
I'm very flexible with the length of your tour if you are. We will aim to cover as much as can as there is much to see.