To hunter-gatherers arriving from what is now Europe and the British Isles after the last glacial and Mesolithic periods the bountiful river Avon valley was paradisiacal. Not far from the henge, arose Britain's first settlement, Blick Mead. The inhabitants were sustained by the abundant waters, hunted aurochs, observed the celestial bodies, buried their ancestors, and built Stonehenge.
To behold this megalithic monument to early human ingenuity up close with an expert guide will make for the most memorable day out.
We will have plenty of time to wander around the stone circle, take amazing photos, and discuss who, what, when, why, and how it was created.
In Bath we can explore the architecture of this most attractive British city while walking the cobblestone streets. We can also go into the ancient Temple and bathing complex used by the Roman and Britannic inhabitants.
7 People Max.
40 £ - Admission to the Roman baths in Bath,
pub lunch, snacks, souvenirs
- Meet and greet at your address in London (or at the airport/port)
- Drive about 3 hours through some lovely English countryside to Bath
- Spend up to 2 hours exploring this quintessentially British village
- Go inside the Roman baths, see the Abbey, have a pub lunch
- Drive about an hour to Stonehenge,
- Get some light refreshment at the Stonehenge cafe whilst I collect our entry tickets
- Explore the exhibition at the visitors' centre where one can get an idea of the terrain, timeline and see the prehistoric artefacts on display
- Take a 5 minute shuttle, or 25 minute walk, to the UNESCO World Heritage site
- Walk around, discuss, and take photographs
- After about 2 hours at Stonehenge we can drive back to London, the port or airport.
What is Included
Admission ticket to Stonehenge and the exhibition
Guide books and multiligual audio guides (if required)
What is Additional
Food, Drinks, Snacks
Admission to the Roman baths
Pub lunch in Bath.
Meeting Point Options:
Your hotel or address in London, all London airports and ports.
Other meeting points outside of London can be arranged prior to booking.
The duration of this tour will depend on your exact pick-up location and time at Bath and Stonehenge.
If you would like to visit other nearby prehistoric sites such as Avebury, or Oxford, Salisbury, Winchester, Windsor we can customise/extend this tour at the time of booking.
Pick ups and returns outside of London can also be arranged for extremely reasonable prices. Please contact me to customise this or any other tour.