To migrating hunter-gatherers, arriving from what is now Europe and the British Isles after the last glacial and Mesolithic periods, the bountiful River Avon valley was paradisiacal. By an ancient spring close to the river arose Britain's first settlement, Blick Mead. Here the inhabitants were sustained by the abundant waters which made the land arable, attracted sacred aurochs, and could also be used for transportation.
Stonehenge was built nearby on this heavenly ground over several generations to bury their ancestors and observe the movements of the sun.
On this tour you will discover this mysterious megalithic symbol of early human ingenuity up close with an expert Stonehenge guide . We will have plenty of time to take monumental photos.
We will also learn about the landscape, timeline, and purpose of this iconic feat of human ingenuity and discuss coherent theories.
We will also see Woodhenge, Durrington, West Kennet long barrow, and Silbury Hill.
7 People Max.
No cash is needed for this tour
- Meet and greet at your address in London
- Drive about 1. 5 hours to Stonehenge
- Upon arrival have some light refreshment whilst I gather the tickets
- Take a short shuttle to the megalith
- Whilst walking around we can take some monumental photos and talk more about the various ideas who, what, when, where, why and how Stonehenge was built.
- After 1-2 hours at this UNESCO World Heritage site we will drive back towards London stopping at West Kennet long barrow and Silbury Hill.
Meeting Point Options:
Your hotel or address in London, all London airports and ports.
Other meeting points outside of London can be arranged prior to booking.
This is the express version of the longer Stonehenge tours and we will aim to make the round trip in under 6 hours which will allow up to 2 hours at Stonehenge. There will be time for refreshments at the Stonehenge cafe.